Reverse Twist Stretch
This is an advanced stretch. Beginners and those who are older and less limber should just do the beginner's Tripod Stretch.
1. Get into a runner's position, bending the right leg forward, and extending the left leg straight back.
2. Position both elbows on the inside of the right knee.
3. Turn your body towards the right so you are now facing the back of the room. Your left leg should be as relaxed and as straight as possible. You should feel this stretch all along the left side of the waist and the right hip and buttock. Hold this position for about 10 seconds.
4. Return to the starting position, and in one smooth motion, pivot the left foot upwards while simultaneously turning the body so that it now faces forward.
5. Repress both elbows on the inside of the knees and fan out. Hold this position for about 10 seconds.
6. Repeat these same steps for the other side.