KEFIR EQUALS CALCIUM
Looking for a new way to add calcium to your diet? Consider Kefir. Scarcely known outside Asia and Europe, Kefir dates back to ancient times where it was produced by the shepherds of the Balkans. Available at grocery and health food stores since the late 1980s, Kefir is a self-carbonated dairy-based beverage similar to yogurt. It comes in regular, lowfat and nonfat varieties, in flavors such as blueberry, peach, cherry, chocolate, and strawberry-banana. It provides 30% of your daily calcium requirement, and is well-tolerated by those who are lactose intolerant. For more information, log on to www.lifeway.net, one of the only Kefir producers in the U.S.
ATTENTION VIDEO FITNESS FANATICS
Now you can own the exercise video that fitness experts, physical therapists, and personal trainers learn from. Body
Sculpting™ introduces the International Weightlifting Association's Guide to Better Weightlifting®. You'll learn the correct lifting techniques for over 60 strength training exercises using a set of 5-pound dumbbells. The video is 75-minutes in length and sells for $29.95. This video can be ordered at www.flexcity.com, or by calling Body
LOOSEN UP THIS MILLENNIUM
Body Sculpting™ thinks everyone should just loosen up...literally. That's why we've revised our stretching guidelines for the year 2000 in our new Strength Training Stretch Chart that's free to the public. If you didn't receive the new stretch chart in class, send a size #10 self-addressed, stamped
envelope to: Body Sculpting™ Stretch Chart, P.O. Box 267, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022.
SLIGHT RATE INCREASE MARCH 1ST
In order to maintain the consistent quality of instruction you're accustomed to, were raising our rates effective March 1, 2000. This slight increase comes after seven years of fixed prices. Our new rates will be $45 for a one month class (8 classes), and $105 for our three month rate (3 consecutive months), which is a $30 savings over month-to-month registration. We apologize for the increase, and appreciate your continued business.
BODY SCULPTING™ VIDEOS RATED BETTER THAN NATIONAL TOP SELLERS
Ever buy a workout tape where the instructor never seems to sweat? There's a reason for that – he or she breaks to take a powder every time the glowing starts. Well you won't find nose powdering or hair touchups in the Body Sculpting™ line of workout videos. All six tapes are done in “real time,” where the only “breaks” in the workout are to take a swig from the trusty water- bottle (all while still moving side to side, of course!).
The realism and enthusiasm shown by Francesca Gern, Body Sculpting™ founder, on these tapes are probably two of the reasons why many of her tapes are being deemed as good as or better than national bestsellers. Other reasons include the variety of strength training exercises offered – over 40 different exercises on Weights III® alone – and the complete instruction and stretching done before and after the workout.
Here's what our customers say about our videos:
WEIGHTS II® “...once the workout begins, there's no stopping! Francesca always hits the muscle in either two or three ways...the bicep and tricep section rocked the house! I am excited that I've found an alternate weight/strength series that I can grow with! When I finished, my biceps and shoulders felt like jello! I hope Francesca will come out with even more Weights videos.”
– Lesia English, independent video reviewer
WEIGHTS III® “..a gem of a workout...What's great about the video is that you can give your all then you get to rest it and move very quickly to another weight exercise. I was sore for three days afterwards. I really feel that I'm doing something great for my body, and I feel worked out but refreshed at the end...LOTS of different ab exercises, pushups and isometric routines.”
– Lesia English, independent video reviewer
STRONG WOMEN STAY YOUNG
Research has shown that women who maintain a regular strength training program (twice a week) enjoy a long list of health advantages – not to mention feeling and looking 15-20 years younger. Here are 10 important reasons why women should take strength training seriously:
1. Lose fat, gain muscle. Don't worry about bulking up. Because of hormonal differences, women don't gain size from strength training like men do. In fact, for every 1.75 pounds of muscle (lean weight) you gain, you'll lose 3.5 pounds of fat!
2. Increased metabolism. Your new muscle will help fight obesity as your resting metabolism will increase to burn more calories all day. For each pound of muscle you gain, you'll burn 35-50 more calories daily.
3. You'll be stronger. Moderate weight training increases a woman's strength by 30-50%. This makes daily activities like lifting children or groceries much easier.
4. Prevents osteoporosis. Strength training not only builds bone, it reduces the risk of fractures by improving strength and balance to prevent falls.
5. Reduce the risk of diabetes. Reduce your risk of adult-onset diabetes. Weight training can increase glucose utilization in the body by 23% in just four months.
6. Fight heart disease.
Strength training can lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. And don't forget to add a brisk walk or swim to your regimen to gain even more benefits.
7. Fight arthritis and lower back pain. Studies indicate that lifting weights eases arthritis pain and strengthens joints. Plus, strengthening the lower back muscles reduces or eliminates low back pain.
8. Improve your athletic ability. If you golf, you might just notice an increase in your driving power. Whatever your sport, you'll improve your proficiency and decrease your risk for injury.
9. It works at any age. Strength training improvements are possible at any age, but as with anything, the sooner you start, the better off you'll be.
10. Better mental health. You'll feel more confident and capable. A Harvard study found that lifting weights reduces depression more successfully than counseling.